Individual Psychotherapy can help with a myriad of issues. You are not going crazy, you are not weak, you are not a failure if you feel like you can’t handle it yourself. Family and friends are often the best therapists, but sometimes you need more. This is where the tools and expertise of a professional psychotherapist can help.
PTSD and Trauma
Trauma is a hard term to define. What is traumatic for one person may not be traumatic for another person. A traumatic “event” is severely distressing and overrides one’s ability to integrate and deal with that situation. While most people are resilient, our systems can still become overwhelmed. This is when PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), or what I prefer to call PTS (Post Traumatic Stress), occurs. These symptoms include:
- flashbacks – intrusive thoughts, images or physical sensations that are reminiscent of the traumatic event
- bad dreams
- avoiding places and things that remind you of the event
- physical and/or emotional numbness
- being easily startled
- inability or difficulty recalling part or all of the traumatic event
- feeling estranged (detached) from others
- anhedonia – loss of enjoyment of things you used to enjoy
- difficulty falling or staying asleep
- irritability or angry outbursts
- difficulty concentrating
- hypervigilance (constantly scanning your environment)
Brainspotting is revolutionary in the treatment of PTSD/PTS. Learn more about Brainspotting.
You no longer have to suffer. Call me at (303) 444-2003 to schedule an appointment or ask any questions. You can have your life back and live it fully.
We all feel nervous or anxious from time to time. If you feel this way more frequently and it is interfering with your life, it’s time to get help. Many people I work with say to me, “I feel like I’m going crazy.” Most of these people are not crazy. Common anxiety signs and symptoms include:
- Feeling nervous
- Feeling powerless
- Having a sense of impending danger, panic or doom
- Having an increased heart rate
- Breathing rapidly (hyperventilation)
- Feeling weak or tired
- Trouble concentrating or thinking about anything other than the present worry
With my experience in individual psychotherapy, I can hep you understand what is happening to you and help you feel better. My clients have benefitted greatly from the use of Brainspotting in the treatment of anxiety. Brainspotting enables you to process through your anxiety. Your body, mind and spirit knows what it needs to do to heal. Brainspotting accesses that intrinsic knowledge so that you can feel calm and grounded. Learn more about Brainspotting.
The morning after I woke up from my first Brianspotting session I could instantly feel a positive change in my body and mind. Instead of waking up in a panic for no reason, I am now able to enjoy every moment of my day. I no longer have obsessive thoughts and every day tasks no longer cause me overwhelming anxiety. I feel free from anxiety for the first time in almost 10 years. ~Erin
Call me at (303) 444-2003 to schedule an appointment or ask any questions you have.
Are you feeling sad, blue, unhappy, miserable, down in the dumps? We all feel these from time to time. If it persists over a longer period of time or you have recurrent episodes, it may be depression. Questions I’d ask you to determine if you are depressed include:
- Do you feel sad, irritable, helpless, worthless or a combination of these?
- Are you having problems concentrating?
- How is your appetite? Are you eating less or more than is normal for you?
- How is your sleep? Are you unable to fall asleep and stay asleep? Do you not get 6 – 8 hours of sleep/night without frequent interruptions?
- Do you no longer find pleasure in things you used to enjoy?
If you answered yes to several of the items above, you may be depressed. Using cognitive and behavioral techniques and brainspotting, I can help you have the life you desire.
This was stuff I’ve hammered on in therapy for years. This was such an organic way of letting things come together in a way that made more sense. Better than trying to rationalize through…
If you think you may be suffering from depression, call me at (303) 444-2003 with your questions or to make an appointment.
Is a relationship getting you down? Do you keep choosing the same men or women, and it isn’t working for you? Do you feel stuck? Do you wonder if your relationship is “healthy”? Do you see a pattern in how you relate to others and it isn’t serving you? I can help. By looking at your past and current relationships, communication, boundaries and support systems, and working through destructive or undesirable patterns, you can enjoy your life and have the type of relationships you desire. I can help you build strong and lasting relationships. Some of the tools we will use together are:
- Relationship Timelines
- Relationship Wish List
Through the use of many tools including Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), I’ve had amazing success helping at-risk couples. Learn more about Couple’s Therapy.
To have the relationship you want, call me at (303) 444-2003 to schedule an appointment or ask any questions you have.
Helping You on the Path From Surving to Thriving